We are Hiring an Intern for the Ashoka Visionary Program!
Ashoka is the world’s leading association of social entrepreneurs — men and women with system-changing solutions that address the world’s most urgent social challenges. We have been selecting and supporting Ashoka Fellows for the past 33 years, providing strategic long-term support to more than 3,000 of them in 84 countries. Ashoka’s mission is to shape a global and entrepreneurial citizen sector: one that allows social entrepreneurs to thrive and enables the world’s citizens to think and act as Changemakers.
HERE IS YOUR CHALLENGE!
At Ashoka we work in teams of entrepreneurial minds towards our common goals. Your role will be to
- write texts and posts for Ashoka Austria, CEE and the Visionary program in social media and our webpages
- manage all operational tasks around the Ashoka Visionary Program, a part-time program for executives that attracts many speakers, participants and guests.
- provide organizational information to speakers and participants
- Design and administrate the evaluation questionnaire using an online survey tool (Qualtrics)
- Summarize evaluation results and reporting them to the team
- Document the VP modules via protocols, photos and collected materials (flipcharts, etc.)
- Prepare equipment for modules, supporting the organization on-site
- develop creative solutions to advertise and place information about Ashoka in social media and other communication channels.
- help organizing events in the course of the program as well as for Ashoka Austria
- support various Ashoka Projects with your creative mindset
- come up with your own entrepreneurial ideas to work towards Ashokas goals.
Location: Vienna, travels within Central Europe possible.
Employment basis: September 2017 to June 2018
Accountability Partner: Director of the Visionary Program
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENTREPRENEURIAL INDIVIDUAL WHO
- has at least 1 year of professional experience
- has or is about to finish her studies
- is interested and has experience with communication and public relation
- knows how to use social media
- is passionately interested in the questions Ashoka addresses
- has strong managerial capabilities
- puts team goals ahead of personal ambition and has the highest ethical fiber and empathy
- has at least a bachelor’s degree
- has a very good knowledge and understanding of German and English, knowledge of any other
European languages (Czech/Hungarian/Polish/Slovak) are an asset.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Mrs Raphaela Toncic-Sorinj (firstname.lastname@example.org) addressing your fit with Ashoka’s staff selection criteria and your experience in launching entrepreneurial ventures, commitment and ethical fiber. We would like you to include a paragraph on why you think you will be able to creatively master the challenge outlined above and how you would like to contribute to the work of Ashoka more generally.
Applications will be reviewed by 31.07.2017.